Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Remember the Newspaper


A Dying Breed

    Do you remember the Newspaper? Will the day come that we will be asked that very question? I was wondering about that the other day before breakfast, on my way to the donut shop with my nephew. Unfortunately the answer might be, yes.

As we passed the newspaper dispenser my four year old nephew asked for a paper, just like his Poppy. I just hope he can read fast enough to help support what might be a lost American tradition. Newspapers like the Baltimore Sun are fighting everyday to survive, laying off many employees and limiting staff jobs. I think as a society we need to support business like this.

    We need to protect our american traditions and protect Americans from "stupid". The newspaper has standards, rules, and regulations to uphold that the Internet doesn't. My favorite thing to do as a child, was to mess with people on the Internet and pretend to be someone else, as a joke.  I was to young to actually relate to the older people on the Internet, so my father and I would make up things just to be able to try out the Internet.

    With the dawning of the age of the Internet, newspapers like the Baltimore Sun need to find a way to keep up so they do not disappear, or we could be DOOMED for stupid. The newspapers may need to band together to save on distribution costs or something.

BOTTOM LINE NEWSPAPERS NEED TO STAY ALIVE for the sake of human preservation and American tradition. So go get your subscription today and SAY NO TO STUPID & YES TO AMERICAN TRADITION. 

No comments:

Post a Comment